The Parent Committee is to encourage the parent involvement with Beauty for Ashes Contemporary School of Dance families, students and staff to interact with each other and learn more about the dance world. The Parent Committee and the intent of facilitating communication and exchange of ideas, this group will foster community among students, parents and the staff and faculty of Beauty for Ashes Contemporary School of Dance by encouraging communication and providing opportunities for engagement. All families enrolled in the dance school are a part of the Parents’ Committee. We encourage our families to serve as ambassadors for Beauty for Ashes Contemporary School of Dance and Riddick Dance by sharing the love for the organization and its programs with the broader community.
Beauty for Ashes Parents meets twelve times per year on the first Saturday of each month, with additional meetings scheduled at the discretion of the group. Beauty for Ashes Parents is a group of progressive proactive parents whose focus is to enhance BFACSD programming. Policies drafted by the parents will then be voted on by the parents, and then submitted to the Executive Director of BFACSD, David F. Riddick, for final approval. The Beauty for Ashes Parentswillhave major responsibilities, which include:
- Increasing school visibility throughout the community
- Organizing and implemented fundraising activities
- Co-coordinating field trips and special events
- Chairperson and Co-Chairperson will report to David F. Riddick, Artistic Director.
- All members will vote on all events, trips and activities.
- Respect for everyone is not only a prerequisite it sets a positive example for our students- leading by example.
- Treasurer will work closely with the Chief Finance Officer only on fundraising activities and field trips with the cost.
BFACSD is an independent, non-profit, charitable organization. The Beauty for Ashes Parentswill be expected to fundraise on the behalf of the school. BFACSD will have two annual concerts one in the Winter and one in the spring , which contains dance theatre and music. BFACSD parents will be responsible for the sale of ten (10) tickets in addition to raffle tickets.
All Beauty for Ashes Parents meetings will be held at 225 Chapel Street Hampton Virginia 23669. The dates and times will be determined by the committee and confirmed by a group vote. This will insure maximum attendance and result in maximum productivity. We welcome every parent to become a member of the Beauty for Ashes Parents, remember there is power in numbers.