Come join us for a wonderful evening of dance, laughter, and fun. Beauty for Ashes Contemporary School of Dance January 14, 2017 7:00-10:00pm Hampton VA, 23669 . Please RSVP at (757)848-5356 We have over… More
Dance comes in many different forms. Explore. Don’t conform.
Once Again, it’s Motivational Tuesday! Let’s get up and get moving!
This story shows how adversity will build strength and courage. Never give up!
Welcome to Beauty 4 Ashes Contemporary School of Dance!
We have a special discussion panel, just for the Arts, we are getting to know our local community creatives, singers and dancers.
If you know an artist or are an artist yourself, please call 757.848.5356, to set up an interview. We would love to hear your story!!!
Welcome back Riddick Dance Family!
While you were gone, you missed contact improvisation, rehearsal for Bagley’s and CIARFOA. -The big day is fastly approaching; we hope that you have gotten your tickets for CIARFOA, coming up this December 10th at 8 P.M.
Set the date! |You can find tickets on our website, under Riddick Dance, look for Repertory. Here you can purchase tickets with ease, or visit https://www.hamptonarts.net/events/detail/riddick-dance-ciarfoa
Today in improvisation class; we learned about individual and contact improvisation. Contact improvisation, is being able to physically be in contact with one another while dancing. The girls were shy at first, but they quickly warmed up; we really had a break through during our class today! Our girls began to become emotionally entwined in their dance and technique.
We look forward to learning more improv techniques and applying them in the future!
Absolutely amazing and breathtaking. The amount of heart and spirit, is all something we can all be inspired by.
“Make a way out of no way. ” – Ann
We are now 5 years old! Can you believe it?
We are holding a 5 year celebratory anniversary!
We have enjoyed teaching our star pupils which have now grown to become our family. We are holding a Gala on January 14th @ 7:00 p.m until 10:00 p.m, to commemorate the honor that has been bestowed upon us!
Mark your calendars! Don’t forget to bring a friend for a night of laughter, memories, music, performances and food!
We hope to see you there!
Contact 757.848.5356 for more information.
Missed one of our performances? Not sure of when class starts? No worries! Check out our Calendar below for more info on any of our upcoming events or class schedule.
At Beauty for Ashes Contemporary School of Dance we appreciate all who give their time and effort towards our goal of increasing awareness regarding the importance of the arts in the community. Just your presence at our events, community outreach programs, or performances demonstrates your support for the arts. Everyone has a talent and a unique perspective and when shared in either outlet, it helps to foster positive effects in the Hampton Roads community, creating a new dimension in ones own life and the lives you touch. If you are interested in partnering with BFACSD by volunteering please contact the Executive Assistant, Aisha Moore via email at firstname.lastname@example.org via phone at (757)848-5356.
- Hosts are responsible for crowd control and guiding people to their appointed destination
- Attire- Hosts are expected to wear all black at the performances
- Those who volunteer for costuming will be a helping the children with their costumes
- Those who volunteer for make-up will be a helping the children with their make-up
- Those who volunteer for set-up will be responsible for helping setting up with anything that will help assist the flow or progress of the performance
- Break down
- Those who volunteer for break down will be responsible for helping breaking down anything that will help assist the closure of the performance
Community Outreach or Events
- Those who volunteer for set-up will be responsible for helping setting up with anything that will help assist the flow or progress of the event
- Break down
- Those who volunteer for break down will be responsible for helping breaking down anything that will help assist the closure of the event
- Promotional Materials
- If you are a people person this option would be great for you
- Those volunteering for promotional material will simply pass out the BFACSD materials available and talk to the public about the company
Visual Literacy Program (VLAP)
- Those who volunteer for set-up will be responsible for helping setting up with anything that will help assist the flow or progress of the program
- Break down
- Those who volunteer for break down will be responsible for helping breaking down anything that will help assist the closure of the program
- Those who have a passion in tutoring children in any subject this is the place for you
- If you are interested in tutoring please send in your resume to the Executive Artistic Director, David Riddick or Executive Assistant, Aisha Moore via email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer is coming to an end and the time to prepare for school has finally arrived! Beauty for Ashes Contemporary School of Dance is excited to announce that classes will begin September 12, 2016. Upon the arrival of the 2016- 2017 school year, Beauty for Ashes Contemporary School of Dance (BFACSD) invites a plethora of new opportunities for growth and development. Additionally, we are incorporating new changes to some of our core programs. One of the new and exciting upcoming programs is our new Vocal Arts Program. It will be taught by Mrs. Laurice Lanier-Trowell, a Julliard graduate, who traveled all around the globe with a group called “The Three Mo Divas.” This year, BFACSD aims to offer a broad range of experiences in order to build the foundation for a deeper understanding of advanced learning with traditional and contemporary education.
Beauty For Ashes Youth Dance Ensemble (B4A Youth Dance Ensemble): Ages 8-20
B4A Youth Dance Ensemble is dedicated to stimulating dance while promoting dance education to a live audience within the Hampton Roads Community. Students are required to transform their dance abilities into a staged performance. Our goal is to promote a positive, developmentally sound atmosphere with lots of individual attention. B4A Youth Dance Ensemble will cultivate the students’ talents to reach their highest potential. By encouraging our students to aspire toward their own personal goals in a manner that celebrates individuality and collective ensemble work will result in the promotion of self-worth, hard work, and constructive body image.
Selection for B4A Youth Dance Ensemble is by audition only. Auditions will be held September 17, 2016 at 2:30p.m. at BFACSD. Please inform Mr. Riddick if your child will be turning 8 years old within the first 3 months of the Fall Semester. They may audition for the B4A Youth Dance Ensemble upon his approval.
Vocal Arts Program: Ages 5-20
BFACSD Vocal Arts Program is contoured to provide dedicated and professional faculty, private and small classes, and one-on-one coaching for young artists through the study of a variety of traditional and contemporary musical genres. Every student will have access to a balanced, comprehensive and sequential program that gradually builds many kinds of literacy while developing intuition, cognitive skills, and dexterity into unique forms of expression. This program adopts a warm and nurturing environment, where students will mature their artistic and technical skills, performance skills, and construct a strong, consistent vocal practice that will allow them to continue their education on an accredited college-university level.
So collaborate with us in allowing your child to be a part of the BFACSD experience. We look forward to a wonderful start of a successful year!
Beauty for Ashes is offering a 10% Discount on Tuition. Sign-up now! Offer ends August 31. For more Info call 757-848-5356.